Includes steps to acquire, install, deploy and configure your product.
Review the README file before beginning the installation. This file contains information that is not available elsewhere about various important topics, including product concerns, new features, and installation or maintenance issues.
All information that is required to start the installed
CA Datacom®products using the documented procedures is provided during the installation and validation of the products.
Complete the following list before beginning this installation:
- Read the cover letter and any Product Information Packets (PIPs) delivered with the installation tape.
- Read the README file for the product.
- See the Installation Worksheets. These procedure parameters are required for all new or upgradeCA Datacom®product installations. Verify that each parameter has a valid value.
To execute sample jobs, they
mustbe executed in sequential order by name and number. Review, edit, execute, and complete each installation step before proceeding to the next step. Read the CA Common Services requirements before starting this process.
Follow these steps:
- CAIRIM PhaseInstall PC Calls on the LPAR before running either a new install or upgrade. (SVC and SUB System have been replaced with PC Calls.)
- Customization PhaseBefore performing either a new install or an upgrade, execute the members that have names that start with BDCUS. It is assumed that each INSTJCL only does a new installation or upgrade and not both within the same PDS.
- BDCUSNEW is used for new installations only
- BDCUSUPG is used for upgrades only
- New Installation PhaseExecute the members that have names starting with BDNEW if you are installingCA Datacom®for the first time. After all BDNEW jobs have executed successfully, the newCA Datacom®environment is ready for use.
- Upgrade Installation PhaseExecute the members that have names starting with BDUPG if you are performing an upgrade installation. When the BDUPG jobs have executed successfully, the upgrade is complete and the new environment is ready for use.
- Post-Installation PhaseConfigure a MUF using the DBDATIN2 member as your MUF JOB or STC, because installation verification programs run against the customized MUF. Member MUFSTRTS can be used as a starting shell for this JCL.Do not use the preconfigured MUF once the upgrade process is complete. This MUF is customized to support the upgrade process only. It is not intended to be used for the permanent MUF Startup process for your site. See the following examples:
CA Datacom® CICS Servicesmodifications necessary for your specific site.
- Member MUFSTRTS for a new installation
- Member MUFSTRTU for an upgraded MUF
- Member DBUTLTYS for JCL used for NEW with DBUTLTY
- Member DBUTLTYU for JCL used in the upgrade process for DBUTLTY
- Installation Verification PhaseStart your customized MUF for your site. Do not use any of the MUFs from the upgrade process, for example, MUFs from the fallback or fall forward part of the upgrade process. Use the MUFs configured for each of these processes. Donotuse any of your internal configured MUFs.Once the upgrade process is complete, verify that the DBDATIN2 member is ready to be used for your site. Start your MUF and begin the installation verification programs against that MUF instance.Execute the members that have names that start with IVPNEW* or IVPUPG*. When the IVP* jobs have executed successfully, theCA Datacom®Version 15.0 product installation is complete.