Limitations in CA Dataquery
This section lists dqd limitations. Also provided is information about some variable limitations that are dependent on system size, parameters set up at installation, or the number of other variables you use.
This section lists
Dataquerylimitations. Also provided is information about some variable limitations that are dependent on system size, parameters set up at installation, or the number of other variables you use.
Topics discussed on this page include:
Review the limitations in this section when using the
DataqueryPersonal Database Facility.
- Only relational tables can be used. No repeating fields or groups, or redefines can be created or used.
- The maximum number of columns in a Personal Database table is 99.
- No compound fields can be used.
- No null valued columns can be created or maintained by PDB.
- Maximum numeric precision is 15 digits.
- Maximum column length is 254 bytes.
- SQL DATE, TIME, and TIMESTAMP data types cannot be created or maintained by the Personal Database Facility.
Guided Query Limitations
Following are limitations on the use of GUIDE to construct queries in either mode:
- Up to two tables can be queried.
- A dialog query cannot be built.
- Absolute GUIDE limitations are as follows:
- 15 conditions per table
- 10 sort keys
- 10 temporary results
- 10 columns in a calculation to compute a temporary result
- 95 columns to be printed or displayed
- 95 column functions and/or legends (95 for both)
- An excessive use of a combination of these can also exceed GUIDE limitations.
Following are limitations on construction of dialog queries in either mode:
- A list of values can be used only with a character variable.
- A range of values can be used only with a numeric variable.
- 25 dialog variables is the maximum allowed in a single dialog.
- A dialog variable can be no longer than 77 characters.
- A variable ID used more than once must have the same default value each time it is used in the dialog text.
Maximums for Both Modes
Following are miscellaneous maximums of interest to users and
DataqueryAdministrators in either mode.
- The maximum numeric precision is 18 digits.
- The maximum number of pages a user may print on a system printer is determined by the PRTCTL parameter in the System Option Table.
- The logical page size (all page segments without the title and PF Key lines) cannot exceed 64K.
- The maximum lines of query and JCL text cannot exceed 24 times the QPAGES parameter in the System Option Table. The minimum number of lines is 24; the maximum is 96. If the GUIDE query is to be used, QPAGES should be set to 2 (48 lines) as a minimum.
- The maximum row size of a table that can be accessed byDataqueryis determined by the BUFSIZE parameter in the System Option Table.
- The maximum length for a data name is 32 characters.
- A maximum of 17 tables can be related or used in a FIND or COUNT statement.
- The number of partitions requested for the batch work table (DQW) cannot exceed 47.
Public members can be updated only by a
DataqueryAdministrator if the library is partitioned (QRYGRPS=YES in the System Option Table).
A system or network printer can be used only for columnar output.