This section contains the following topics:
The CA ADS dialog statistics feature allows collection of runtime statistics about dialog and overhead activity. (Overhead activity is not directly attributable to any dialog. Overhead activity occurs once at the beginning and once at the end of an application.) Statistics are collected for each logical terminal through which the application is executed.
This documentation describes the following aspects of dialog statistics:
- Collecting selected statistics
- Enabling dialog statistics
- Selecting dialogs for collection of individual statistics
- Setting a checkpoint interval, after which accumulated statistics are written to the log file at runtime
- Collecting and writing statistics at runtime
- Dialog statistics reporting
For more information about statistics-related DCMT commands, see the
CA IDMS System Tasks and Operator Commands section.