MQ Adapter Getting Started
The MQ Adapter supplies an interface for CA IDMS applications to exchange messages when connected to an IBM MQ queue manager.
CA IDMS provides an MQ Adapter to support message queueing and trigger monitoring. The MQ Adapter supplies an interface for CA IDMS applications to exchange messages when connected to an IBM MQ queue manager. IBM MQ is supported in CA IDMS systems running in the z/OS environment.
This topic contains the following information:
Key Benefits and Features
The MQ Adapter enables further integration of CA IDMS with modern applications, with reduced costs and high-quality support, and provides the following key features:
- Seamless CA IDMS integration
- Support for CA IDMS programming languages
- Support for Message Queue Interface (MQI) API
- MQ Trigger Monitor with polling for online queue managerInvokes an IDMS task to process incoming messages on local queues.
- MQ statisticsExtended IDMS system-wide statistics and statistics by queue.
- Extended DCMT commands for MQ
- Nodes for securing MQ-related DCMT commands
- MQ trace debugging
- MQ Error Codes
Business Use Cases
- Database Administrators want an integrated MQ Adapter that is easy to configure and support in the IDMS environment.
- Application Programmers want their new and existing CA IDMS programs to exchange messages with other applications when connected to an IBM MQ queue manager on z/OS using the MQ Adapter.
Database Administration Functions
Database administrators perform the following high-level tasks to configure and manage the MQ Adapter:
- Generate MQ Adapter Support with SYSGEN
- Specify the Number of Utility Subtasks
- Add Support for MQ Trigger Monitor
- Manage MQ Adapter at Runtime
- Manage MQ Trigger Monitor at Runtime
- Secure MQ DCMT Commands at the Command Level
- Analyze MQ Statistics
See Administrating CA IDMS MQ Adapter for more information about configuring and managing the MQ Adapter.
Applications Programming Functions
Application developers perform the following high-level tasks to develop, build, and trace programs to make IBM calls using the MQ Adapter:
- Review the Program Design Considerations
- Develop Programs for MQ Access
- Build Programs to Call MQ
- Trace MQ Calls
See Using CA IDMS MQ Adapter for more information about developing, building, and tracing programs.