Step 4 Prefix (Concatenated Key) Resolution
The sorted logical workfile produced by Step 3 contains the logical child and logical parent records from the DL/I logically related databases.
The sorted logical workfile produced by Step 3 contains the logical child and logical parent records from the DL/I logically related databases. The logical child records are sorted correctly under their respective logical parents, but their prefix (nondata) portions do not reflect the parent concatenated keys. The prefix resolution step updates the logical child records with their parents' concatenated keys so the logical child records can be accessed within their CA IDMS/DB sets.
If the database load processed multiple DL/I databases, you will have a separate workfile for each database. If this is the case, you must first merge all of the generated workfiles into one workfile. You can then sort this one workfile.
The prefix resolution step performs the following operations:
- Accessing the IPSB load module
- Accessing the sorted workfile from Step 3
- From each logical parent record, generating the correct prefix (concatenated key) for its logical child record
- Updating the logical child records with the correct prefixes and writing them out to a new workfile
- Producing a report of the records processed
To execute the prefix resolution step, use the JCL in CA IDMS DLI Transparency JCL. Following is a diagram of a prefix resolution
The report produced by the prefix resolution step lists:
- The DBDNAME for the DL/I logical child database
- The name and level for each DL/I segment
- An indication if a segment is a logical child (LC) or logical parent (LP)
- The number of logical parent records found
- The number of logical child records found
- The total number of records found in the sorted workfile
- The total number of logical child records updated and written out
Following is a sample prefix resolution report:
*** CA IDMS/DLI TRANSPARENCY DATABASE LOAD PROCESS=PFXR DBDNAME=ITEMDBDL SEGMENT COUNT LEVEL RECORD LP PART 789 01 PART LC DETAIL 3542 02 DETAIL TOTAL: 4331 RECORDS READ 3542 LOGICAL RECORDS WRITTEN *** PFXR PROCESSING COMPLETE