Executing the CA IDMS DLI Transparency Syntax Generator
As described earlier in this section, syntax generator input consists of:
- The assembled DBD and PSB control blocks
- Control, GENERATE, and modification statements
Depending on the GENERATE statements coded, output from a single execution of the syntax generator consists of:
- Source statements required to create a CA IDMS/DB schema in the data dictionary
- Source statements required to create a CA IDMS/DB DMCL and/or subschema load module
- Source statements required to create one IPSB load module
- A report listing the generated source statements
You must execute the syntax generator once for each set of IPSB source statements you want to produce. To execute the syntax generator, use the JCL shown in CA IDMS DLI Transparency JCL.
Syntax Generator Execution
The diagram below illustrates the activities involved in executing the syntax generator.
Figure 32. Syntax generator execution