Customize the DML and DDL Report Forms
When you generate a DML or DDL activity report, uses a generic report layout. You can create your own forms to provide customized report layouts. The forms can be recalled for use during any session and can be edited or changed before each use. Forms let you save and reuse a customized layout for a frequently needed report.
When you generate a DML or DDL activity report,
CA Log Analyzer™ for DB2 for z/OSuses a generic report layout. You can create your own forms to provide customized report layouts. The forms can be recalled for use during any session and can be edited or changed before each use. Forms let you save and reuse a customized layout for a frequently needed report.
Report forms are created and edited using the Report Form Definition panel. This panel breaks down the DML or DDL activity report into discrete text blocks. For example, the report lines that describe the unit of recovery are considered a text block. You can customize each text block by selecting the fields to include and specifying where the fields appear within the block of text.
We recommended that you test a form on a small report before using it on a large report.
Follow these steps:
- Display the Report Form Services panel by doingoneof the following actions:
- Select option4(Report Forms Administration) from theCA Log Analyzer™ for DB2 for z/OSProfile panel.
- SpecifyYin the Customize Rept field on the DML Activity Report Options panel.
- SpecifyYin the Customize Rept field on the DDL Activity Report Options panel.
- Verify that the Form and Creator fields contain an asterisk (*), and then press Enter.The panel displays a list of all existing report forms.
- Specify whether to create or update a form:
The Report Form Definition panel appears.
- To create a form, typeCin the Option field and complete the Form and Description fields.
- To create a form that is based on an existing form, typeTnext to the existing form.
- To update an existing form, typeUnext to the form.
- (Optional) Enter a new form name and description at the top of the panel.This step is required only when you are using the T (template) option to copy an existing form. When you enter a new name and description, the changes are saved to a new form. The original form remains unchanged.Press Enter.Your changes are saved.
- Customize the report form:
- TypeYin the Extended Values field if your subsystem has been converted from 6-byte RBA and LRSN values to 10-byte values.
- Select a text block, such as Report Headings, and press Enter.The panel for the selected text block appears.
- Make your selections. If you specified Y in the Extended Values field, be sure to adjust the layout to accommodate 10-byte RBAs and LRSNs. On most panels, the lower half shows an example of the report with your current formatting selections applied. As you make your selections, you can press Enter to refresh the lower half and see how your selection affects the report format.For detailed information about each field, press PF1 to view the online help panel.Press PF3 (End).The Report Form Definition panel reappears.
- Repeat Steps b and c to format more report options.