Define Defaults for Db2 Object Attributes
Using Object Definition Defaults, you can define defaults for Db2 object attributes. The specified defaults are used as the initial attribute values when an object is created, templated, or altered. If no definitions exist when an object is created, defaults are typically aligned with the values that are used by Db2. For altered and templated objects, the initial attribute settings are derived from the Db2 catalog or optionally from a strategy or imported DDL definition.
You can define default definitions for individual users or for groups of users. Defaults can be assigned for groups of IDs using an ID mask. A mask is a valid TSO ID followed by an asterisk (*).
Use the Product Authorizations facility (option
Afrom the CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS Main Menu) to define which users can view and change object definition defaults for which IDs. These privileges are shared between
CA RC/Migrator™ for DB2 for z/OSand
CA RC/Update™ for DB2 for z/OS. These privileges are defined through the RC/Update Authorizations panel.
Follow these steps:
- Dooneof the following on the command line:
Press Enter.The Object Definition Defaults panel appears.Defaults for the current user or the mask ID that matches most closely are displayed. When a template or an alter panel initially appears, the values of the existing object are displayed. To change those values to the default values, enter APPLY DEF at the command line.
- FromCA RC/Migrator™ for DB2 for z/OS, enterDEF.
- FromCA RC/Update™ for DB2 for z/OS, enterDEFAULTS.
- Complete the following values:
The Object Definition Defaults are saved, retrieved, or deleted. The panel shows:
- Specify the TSO ID of the user in theUseridfield. The user ID identifies the TSO ID of the user for whom object definition defaults are being defined or the mask ID that most closely matches. You can use character masking to select from a list. Character masking always takes precedence over a masked ID. Enter a percent sign (%) to display a selection list.
- Specify a description of the ID or the mask (up to thirty characters) in theDescriptionfield.
- Specify S (save), R (retrieve), or D (delete) in theActionfield.
- The type of Db2 object to which the attributes apply. GLOBAL DEFAULTS apply to all Db2 object types. However, if an attribute default is also specified for the specific object type, that value is used.
- The name of the object attribute.
- The default value of the object attribute. For some attributes, information is displayed to help you specify a valid value.
- Update the default values for each object type as needed and specifySas the Action to save your entries.For information about the Db2 object attributes, see the Db2 catalog table descriptions in the IBMDb2 SQL Referenceguide.