The View object options fully support the DB2 CREATE VIEW and DROP VIEW statements, and changes to a view.
The View object options fully support the DB2 CREATE and DROP VIEW statements, and changes to a view.
View option functionality is as follows:
- Table and Column Selection Help. Instead of specifying specific table and columns names, you can select a table from a table selection list. Enter selection criteria to make the selection list more specific. Once a table has been selected, all columns for that table are displayed in a separate scrollable column area. Select columns from this list for the view.
- Column Area. All columns from every table referenced are displayed in a separate scrollable area. Select columns to include in the view from this list. After selecting the columns, appropriate SQL is added to include the column in the view.
- SELECT Statement Boilerplate. A boilerplate SELECT statement is included to assist in writing the view SQL. This boilerplate includes placeholders for column names. Select the columns and they are included appropriately in the select statement.
- Interactive SELECT statements. As SELECT statements are entered, the results are returned in a table selection panel or the column area. Select the items to include, and the SQL that will be used to create the view is updated.
- Alter Option. Although DB2 does not provide an ALTER VIEW statement, you can change any characteristic of a view with this option. The changes are made by dropping and recreating the view.