Update an Existing Deployment of Web Services
As a web services administrator, you can update an existing deployment of the Web Services component. For example, when you apply Web Services maintenance to the installed directories, you must also deploy the maintenance to the Web Services directories in the Tomcat instance.
As a web services administrator, you can update an existing deployment of the Web Services component. For example, when you apply Web Services maintenance to the installed
CA Endevordirectories, you must also deploy the maintenance to the Web Services directories in the Tomcat instance.
Follow these steps:
- Stop the Apache Tomcat Server.If you do not want to run the update manually, skip the following steps 2 through 5. Instead, run the WSTOMCCS job in CSIQJCL with parameter ENWS set to UPDATE and continue with step 6.
- Start the TSO OMVS environment from the USS command prompt.You cannot invoke the update script (ENWSUpd.sh) from a z/OS Telnet session or an ISHELL command shell.
- Verify that you are using a userid with UID(0). If you run the installation under root (parameter RUN_AS_ROOT in ENWSInstallOptions.properties is set to YES).To switch to UID(0), perform the su command.
- From OMVS, execute the following command to change to the directory where the script ENWUpd.sh resides:cd <USS install directory>/tpv
- Execute the script:sh ENWSUpd.shThe script completes the following steps:
- Validates if the user running the script has the necessary permissions to complete the installation.This validation step takes place only if the parameter RUN_AS_ROOT in ENWSInstallOptions.properties is set to NO.
- Uses the information about your environment from ENWSInstallOptions.properties file to validate the current installation ofCA EndevorWeb Services.
- Updates Runtime libraries (including Axis2 1.6 and Jersey 2.7) in the Tomcat instance.
- Deploys updated Web Services to the Tomcat instance.
- Validates the updated Tomcat instance.
- Start the Apache Tomcat server.
- (Optional) Validate your Web Services installation.