Main Entry Panel
The ELIPS entry panel appears when you select ELIPS from the ISPF primary option menu.
The ELIPS entry panel appears when you select ELIPS from the ISPF primary option menu.
Access Product Functions from Main Entry Panel
You must specify the name of the
CA Librarianlibrary that is the target of any ELIPS function commands on the ELIPS entry panel. For this reason, you must come back to the entry panel to change the name of the target
You can obtain a member selection list from this panel or specify the name of a
CA Librarianmember as the target of ELIPS function commands.
confirm deletesetting, the
display historysetting, and the initial edit macro name are specified
onlyin the entry panel. To change them during an ELIPS session, you must return to this panel.
************* 4.3 EXTENDED LIBRARIAN INTERACTIVE PRODUCTIVITY SERVICES ******* COMMAND ===> |||||| ||| ||| ||||||||| |||||||| ***AVAILABLE FUNCTIONS***** ||| ||| ||| ||| | ||| * A- ARCLIST I- INFO * |||||| ||| ||| ||||||||| ||||||||| * B- BROWSE J- JCLVAL * ||| ||| ||| ||| ||| * C- COPY P- PRINT * |||||||| ||||||| ||| ||| ||||||||| * D- DELETE R- RENAME * * E- EDIT V- VIEW * * * * JCLOPTS- JCLVAL OPTIONS * LIBRARIAN LIBRARY * OPTIONS- DISPLAY/SET * PROJECT ===> LIBR * TYPES - AVAILABLE TYPES * GROUP ===> ELIPS * UTILITY- MOVE/COPY * TYPE ===> MASTER LRECL ===> *************************** MEMBER ===> NEWNAME ===> PSWD ===> MCD ===> ARC LVL ===> OTHER LIBRARIAN DSNAME ===> PROFILE LIBRARIAN DSN ===> Y (Y/N) SELECTION LIST ===> S (L/S/Q) LONG LIST: PGMR ===> * TYPE ===> (OR/lan) CONFIRM DELETE ===> Y (Y/N) PRINT FUNCTION ===> REPT (REPT/DATA) DISPLAY HISTORY ===> (Y/N) INITIAL EDIT MACRO ===>
To invoke an ELIPS functions, enter the first letter of the function on the command line. Most of these functions require that you specify a member name. Available functions are as follows:
- A (ARCLIST)Displays a line describing each level of an archived member.
- B (BROWSE)Displays the contents of anCA Librarianmember.
- C (COPY)Makes a copy of a member and assigns to it the name provided in the NEWNAME field.
- D (DELETE)Deletes the member from theCA Librarianlibrary.
- E (EDIT)Invokes the ISPF editor for the member selected.
- I (INFO)Requests the display of a member's control and history information for examination and update. You can also add history records using the INFO function.
- J (JCLVAL)Invokes the CA JCL validation product for the member.
- JCLO (JCLOPTS)Displays the options for the CA JCL validation product.
- LI (LIST)Displays a LONG or SHORT format selection list, depending on what was specified.
- OPT (OPTIONS)DisplaysCA Librarianlibrary defaults, ELIPS installation options, and user options.
- P (PRINT)Prints a listing of the selected member to the SYSOUT class and DEST defined on the ELIPS OPTIONS panel.
- REC (RECOVER)Queries the Edit Recovery Table for pending entries.
- R (RENAME)Renames the member to the name supplied in the NEWNAME field.
- V (VIEW)Invokes the ISPF editor for the member selected, but does not allow updates to the member.
- TY (TYPES)Displays the member type/language table generated during ELIPS installation. Member types,CA Librarianlanguage code, and sequence field starting column and length are all shown on a scrollable display.
- UT (UTILITY)Copies members to and fromCA Librarianlibraries and moves members from sequential or partitioned data sets toCA Librarianlibraries.
You can specify commands and parameters on this line. When parameters accompany a command name, the command parameters override what is specified in the other fields of the entry panel.
COMMAND ===> E TESTMOD ARC(-1)
The data set name is taken from the OTHER LIBRARIAN DSNAME field, if this field is not blank. Otherwise, the PROJECT/GROUP/TYPE fields are used for the data set name.
When you do
notspecify a command but supply a member name, the command defaults to EDIT. Specifying a wildcard or a blank member name defaults to LIST. To obtain a member selection list, enter only the
CA Librarianlibrary name. The LONG member selection list is the default if the SELECTION LIST field is blank.
- PROJECT and GROUP and TYPESpecifies the three levels of qualification of anCA Librarianlibrary name, when the format of theCA Librarianlibrary data set name is as follows:
You must fill in all three of these fields to specify anproject.group.typeCA Librarianlibrary.
- MEMBERSpecifies theCA Librarianmember to process (or a wildcard specification for a selection list). You can use the MEMBER field when the data set name is specified in the OTHER field and you supply any of the NEWNAME, PSWD, or ARC LVL fields.Otherwise, you must specify the member name or wildcard name for a selection list in the OTHER LIBRARIAN DSNAME field, enclosed in parentheses immediately after the data set name.When you specify the member name in the OTHER field, you can also specify archive level selection by enclosing it in parentheses immediately following the member name. You must still specify NEWNAME and PSWD in their respective fields.
If the COMMAND field is blank and the MEMBER field is either blank or a wildcard specification, a member selection list is generated.OTHER LIBRARIAN DSNAME ==> ELIPS.DEMO.DSN2(TESTMOD(-1))
- LRECLSpecifies the member record length to use when creating a new member with the EDIT function on a wide record master file. Specify a value from 10 to 255.
- NEWNAMESpecifies the name of the new member created by the COPY function or the new name for a member being renamed. The new name must not contain spaces, commas, parentheses, or slashes.
- PSWDSpecifies theCA Librarianpassword for the existing member. If your site requires it, you must enter the password to access a member. Otherwise, you can enter the password as a check to be sure you are naming the correct member.If a password is required for a member of anCA Librarianlibrary that you specified in the OTHER LIBRARIAN DSNAME field, you must specify that password in the PSWD field.When you supply an incorrect password, even if not required, ELIPS does not process the member.
- ARC LVLSpecifies the archive level of the member to process. Specify the archive level in one of three ways:
Note:If pairs of digits are omitted from the right, the default occurs.
- Date and time. The syntax is as follows:yymmddhhmmss
- yySpecifies the year.
- mmSpecifies the month (default is 12).
- ddSpecifies the day (default is 31).
- hhSpecifies the hour (default is 24).
- mmSpecifies the minute default is 59).
- ssSpecifies the second (default is 59).
- Absolute level number. The syntax is as follows:Lnnn ARC LVL ===> L3
- nnnSpecifies the level number, with 0 as the first version created.
- Relative level number. The syntax is as follows:-n ARC LVL ===> -1
- -nSpecifies the number, with -0 as the current version.
- OTHER LIBRARIAN DSNAMEDefines the name of anCA Librarianlibrary whose name does not follow the three-qualifier format or specifies the name of anyCA Librarianlibrary to override without disturbing the entry in the PROJECT, GROUP, and TYPE fields.You can enter a member name or a wildcard specification in the OTHER LIBRARIAN DSNAME field using the following format:dsn.of.library(memname)Enter a fully qualified data set name in the OTHER LIBRARIAN DSNAME field by surrounding it with single quotation marks.If the member name is omitted, a selection list is generated.If you omit the single quotes, your TSO prefix is attached to the beginning of the data set name as a high-order qualifier.
- PROFILE LIBRARIAN DSNDetermines whether the dataset name specified for OTHER LIBRARIAN DSNAME is saved in the profile and used when you enter ELIPS.Yuses the name saved in the file so you don't have to enter it.Nclears the name from the profile settings so you can enter a different one.
- SELECTION LISTSpecifies how you want to view the selection list. If you do not enter a function on the command line and do not specify a member name, specify a wildcard.
- LSpecifies a LONG format member selection list.
- SSpecifies a SHORT format member selection list, showing member names only.
- QSpecifies a SHORT format member selection list, showing member names only.
- PGMRFor the LONG member selection list, displays only members with the specified programmer name in their control information.You can specify the PGMR field as the name to find on theCA Librarianmembers or use a wildcard. If the field is left blank or contains only an asterisk (*), then the PGMR field is ignored when the selection list displays.
- TYPEFor the LONG member selection list only, specifies the type of member to display on the selection list (for example COBOL, ASM, or CLIST). A table (generated at ELIPS installation) translates the type specified here into a CA-Librarian language code.You can only use those types that were specified during ELIPS installation. ELIPS translates the member type into anCA Librarianlanguage code for the search.When you enter a member type that is not on the Type/Language Table, a panel displays showing all of the acceptable member types. The user must then enter a correct member type to proceed. You can enter an asterisk or blank field (meaning all types) as anything can be valid in the TYPE field.You can specify a one- to three- characterCA Librarianlanguage code in the TYPE field by preceding the language code with a slash. For example, specifying /ASM displays only those members with anCA Librarianlanguage code of ASM.
- CONFIRM DELETESpecifies whether you want to be prompted with a CONFIRM DELETE screen whenever a DELETE is to take place.If you specifyY, a panel displays every time you request the DELETE function, showing the pertinent control information for the member to delete. You can cancel the DELETE at this point.You can only specify the option to display a CONFIRM DELETE screen on the main entry panel.
- PRINT FUNCTIONIndicates whether the member listing report or only the member data prints. DATA prints only FBA members (those with 1 in column one of record one) using the FBA character controls.
- DISPLAY HISTORYSpecifies whether the member's history records display automatically for BROWSE and EDIT functions. EDIT also requires the EDIT profile to have NOTES ON. You can set NOTES OFF and DISPLAY HISTORY Y to have the records displayed for BROWSE only.You can only specify the DISPLAY HISTORY option on the main entry panel.
- INITIAL EDIT MACROSpecifies the name of the optional initial macro to use when the PDF editor is invoked for the ELIPS EDIT function. An initial macro is executed after data is read, but before the data displays for edit.