This article lists the deprecated features in the release.
The following list describes features that have been removed or became obsolete in
CA NetMaster® Network Management for TCP/IPRelease 12.2:
Removal of Deprecated WebCenter and ReportCenter Components (SO13728, SO13733, and SO13866)
Installation of the above PTFs removes the deprecated (see the earlier notes) WebCenter and ReportCenter functionality from the CA NetMaster suite of products. Removal of the deprecated functionality means:
- WebCenter will be disabled, and any Customizer parameters related to its setup or configuration, including the use of RSS feeds, will be removed.
- The $NM WEBCENTER Parameter Group remains to allow for configuration of Mainframe Team Center - Network Management (MTC-NM) (the replacement for WebCenter) and Performance Charts. The URL on the panel now points to MTC-NM.
- ReportCenter views and reporting will be disabled, and any Customizer parameters related to their setup or configuration will be removed. For current ReportCenter users, the removal of ReportCenter functionalitydoes notremove the ability to use ReportCenter data; it only removes ReportCenter views and reports. Users can configure CA Datacom or DB2 so that NetMaster writes ReportCenter data to the database, allowing for continued use of the data. For information on how to access your report data outside of ReportCenter, refer to the Database Structure topic in the CA NetMaster Shared Content Library.
- All references to Web Center and ReportCenter URLs, such as on the main NetMaster panel, will be removed.
Removal of the deprecated Web Center functionality does not impact Mainframe Team Center - Network Management.
The ReportCenter component has been stabilized and will be deprecated in April of 2020. For details, refer to the Product Update. For information on how you can use NetMaster to access your report data outside of ReportCenter, refer to the Database Structure topic in the CA NetMaster Shared Content Library.
The WebCenter component has been stabilized and will be deprecated in April of 2020. Mainframe Team Center for Network Management (MTC-NM), which is documented in the CA NetMaster Network Management for TCP/IP space, is the official replacement for WebCenter. For details, refer to the associated Product Update.
The CA NSM NetMaster option and TNGTRAP (Alert Forwarding) have been removed from the product. As of September 30, 2015, CA NSM is no longer supported. All references to CA NSM have been removed from the product and documentation.
CA Network and Systems Management (CA NSM) End of Life
As of March 1, 2013, these CA TCPaccess products are no longer supported. All references to CA TCPaccess have been removed from the product and documentation. The following TCPaccess related objects have been removed from the product:
CA TCPaccess Communications Server for z/OS, CA TCPaccess FTP Server for z/OS, and CA TCPaccess Telnet Server for z/OS End of Life
- The Dest ID field was removed from the Alert Monitor Trouble Ticketing Interface definition.
- The Stack Type and Subsystem ID fields were removed from Stack Resource General Description panel.
- The(for type IBM only)andNot applicable for CA TCPaccesscomments have been removed.
Partial Security Exit PARTSAF Removed
The partial security exit PARTSAF has been removed. If you previously used PARTSAF, use the security exit NMSAF instead. For details about NMSAF, see the Security section in the Shared Content Library.
CA NetMaster Socket Management for CICS Removed
The CA NetMaster Socket Management for CICS component and all documentation references have been removed. If you require this component, contact Support.
Interface to CA Chorus Removed
CA NetMaster® Network Management for TCP/IPinterface to CA Chorus is removed. Therefore, the CA Chorus Interface is removed from the Parameter Groups in the Customizer menu. References to this interface have been removed from the product and documentation.
IBM TCP/IP Resolver Replaces CA SOLVE DNR
This release of
CA NetMaster® Network Management for TCP/IPuses the IBM TCP/IP resolver exclusively. The CA SOLVE DNR is no longer supported and the TCPIP START command no longer supports the DNR command parameter.
Cisco Channel Card Interfaces (CIP) and Common Link Access to Workstation (CLAW)
CISCO channel card interfaces (CIP resource) and by extension Common Link Access to Workstation (CLAW) device driver are no longer supported in NetMaster and no longer appear in the product or documentation.
Line Printer Support
Line Printer devices are no longer supported in NetMaster and no longer appear in the product or documentation.
Future Removed Features
NMSECURITY Parameter Group, NMDSNCHK, and NMDSSCHK
Future releases of
CA NetMaster® Network Management for TCP/IPwill not include the NMSECURITY parameter group and the NMDSNCHK and NMDSSCHK security exits. The /PARMS NMSECURITY parameter group supports the specification of these two security exits.
- Dataset Access Authorization Exit (NMDSNCHK)Controls user authority when executing the ALLOCATE command and FTS functions
- Dataset Services Authorization Exit (NMDSSCHK)Controls user authority when performing Dataset Services functions