Describes the ACFUNIX command line utility.
The CA ACF2 command line utility, ACFUNIX, lets you issue commands to CA ACF2 in a batch like mode from a TSO or USS prompt. The utility can be used in JCL, scripts, or by typing the command. The module is installed into the CA ACF2 installation linklist library CAI.CAX1LINK.
List a logonid using ACFUNIX from the TSO prompt:
acfunix "list user_here"
In this example, the command is surrounded by quotes. Quotes are required and indicate to the utility that the command is one parameter. Without the quotes, the utility sees two unique parameters. Also, the SET subcommand is not included before the LIST subcommand. You cannot issue across multiple calls when using the SET subcommand.
acfunix "MULT set control(gso)~list opts" or acfunix "MULT set control(gso)~list opts~set lid~list user_here"
This example shows how to enter a SET CONTROL or LIST subcommand using a single call. The SET CONTROL subcommand indicates the setting for system control records such as, global system option, cache, and command propagation facility records. MULT is included at the beginning of the command. MULT informs CA ACF2 that multiple commands are being issued and to separate the commands on the tilde (~) character.
ACFUNIX Utility in USS
The ACFUNIX utility is issued similar to the TSO command, but you must create a symbolic link to find the utility.
- Create a symbolic link from the ACFUNIX load module to a USS file named acfunix from a directory that you have write access:ln -e ACFUNIX./acfunix
- Add the directory that contains the symbolic link to the PATH:export PATH=$PATH:/u/users/acf2cmd
- Run the command:
As with the TSO command, you can also string multiple commands together using the MULT keyword and tilde character. For example:acfunix "listuser"acfunix "MULT set control(gso)~list opts" or acfunix "MULT set control(gso)~list opts~set lid~list user_here"
- You can redirect output to a file:acfunix "MULT set control(gso)~list opts" > opts.txt
- You can pipe output into other USS utilities. For example, you only want to see the value of a field that is among a large amount of output. Show one line of output from SHOW STATE for the MINPSWD field:
The output is as follows:acfu "show state" | grep MINPSWDMINPSWD = 1 MINIMUM NUMBER OF CHARACTERS REQUIRED
- In both TSO and Unix, the ACFUNIX utility allows the output to be written to a previously allocated file. This feature is supported using the "-dd" parameter:acfunix -dd DDNAME "acf subcommand"
- DDNAMESpecifies any valid DD used by the open() functions in C.