The JCL members to start CAMSM are either in your JCL data set (RunTimeMVSHLQPrefix.JCL) or in your PROCLIB data set (RunTimeMVSHLQPrefix.PROCLIB). The member location is indicated in the summary report of the CAMSM installation and setup process. You can submit or start one of these members to run it as batch jobs or started tasks.
The JCL members to start
CSMare either in your JCL data set (
RunTimeMVSHLQPrefix.JCL) or in your PROCLIB data set (
RunTimeMVSHLQPrefix.PROCLIB). The member location is indicated in the summary report of the
CSMinstallation and setup process. You can submit or start one of these members to run it as batch jobs or started tasks.
CSMallocates files on startup and during operation. If your site has products interfering with file allocation, verify that DD statements to exclude such processing are included in the MSMTCSRV JCL member that starts the
CSMapplication server uses a default region size of 768 MB. If you want to change this value, update the REGSIZE parameter in the MSMTCSRV JCL member. Also, update the Xmx value in the following statement in the SAMPLIB(MSMLIB) member:
IJO="-Xms128m -Xmx768m -Xss768m"
If you are upgrading, verify that your address spaces from the previous version of
CSMare down. Also, unmount the APLROOT, SCROOT, and LJWK mount points from your previous version. Optionally, back up the start procedures of your previous version
CSM, and copy the latest version procedures to your production library.
Follow these steps:
- Submit the MSMMUFS JCL member or start the MSMMUF PROCLIB member.TheDatacom/MSM Multi-User Facility (MUF) address space starts.All data sets in STEPLIB must be APF-authorized.If the MUF starts up successfully, messages similar to the following example appear:DB00226I - MULTI-USER ACTIVATED XCF SUPPORT DB00222I - MULTI-USER ACTIVATED CCI SUPPORT DB00201I - MULTI-USER ENABLED, CXX=cxx_nameMUFNAME=muf_nameAD
- Submit the MSMDBSVS JCL member or start the MSMDBSRV PROCLIB member.TheDatacom/MSM server address space starts.If the server starts up successfully, messages similar to the following example appear:DSV00049I-CA Datacom Server Version 14.0 INITIALIZED -server_name
- Submit the MSMTCSRV JCL member or start the MSMTC PROCLIB member.TheCSMapplication server address space starts.If the server starts up successfully, the following message appears in STDOUT:MSM0009I - CA CSM startup complete.If the startup fails, the following message appears in STDOUT:MSM0010E - CA CSM startup failed.In addition, depending on the outcome of the startup, one of the following messages appears in the system console:MSM0009I CA CSM STARTUP COMPLETE MSM0010E CA CSM STARTUP FAILEDThe startup JCL for theCSMapplication server region has a SYSMDUMP DD statement that is commented out. If your site standards and system support the capture of this dump to the spool system, you can uncomment the DD statement to provide for dump captures in the case of failures.After the successful startup of theCSMapplication server address space, users can log in toCSMthrough a web browser.
- (CSMupgrade only) Comment out the DBUPDATE DD card in the MSMTCSRV JCL member or MSMTC PROCLIB after you successfully bring upCSMfor the first time.
- In case of ABEND U4038, it is possible that the Java load module name in the MSMTCSRV JCL, or in the MSMTC PROCLIB member does not correspond to the Java version. For more information about troubleshooting Java load module names, seeCSMfails with ABEND U4038.
- Do not start the MSMTCSRV job (manually or with automation) until the MSMDBSRV job initialization completes and the BPXM023I message appears.
- After you successfully start up theCSMapplication server, if the following message appears, ignore it:
INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was not found on the java library.path:
CSMdoes not require the installation of this library.
- Do not change anyCSMapplication server startup JCL parameters unlessBroadcom Supportrequested it. Doing so could makeCSMinoperable.
- If you restart theDatacom/MSM server, restart theCSMapplication server.