Review the steps to acquire, install, deploy, and configure your product.
Standard SMP/E installation and maintenance best practices are used to install and maintain
Broadcommainframe z/OS products. The installation process includes all the tasks that are typically performed by a systems programmer to acquire the products and make them ready for use in a production environment.
You can install
Broadcommainframe product software using IBM z/OSMF,
CA CSM, or native SMP/E batch processing.
z/OSMF installation is
notavailable for every product.
CA CSMare intuitive web-based tools that automate and simplify many installation activities on z/OS systems. These applications also make obtaining and applying corrective, preventive, and recommended maintenance easier.
The following graphic provides a high-level overview of the installation process for
These steps are described in the following procedure:
- Prepare for the installation by reviewing best practices and verifying that the software, hardware, security, and other installation requirements have been met.
- Acquire the product software usingoneof the following methods:
- FromBroadcom Support, download a z/OSMF (filename.zOSMF.pax.Z) or classic SMP/E JCL (filename.pax.Z) package.Only one can be selected.If a z/OSMF package is not available, select the SMP/E JCL package. A z/OSMF package isnotavailable for all products.
- FromCA CSM, select a classic SMP/E JCL package from the product list.You cannot acquire a z/OSMF portable software instance from.CA CSM
- Perform an SMP/E installation to install the product software usingoneof the following methods:
- If you downloaded a z/OSMF package fromBroadcom Support, install using z/OSMF Deployments.
- If you downloaded a classic SMP/E JCL package fromBroadcom Support, useeitherof the following options:
- Install using native SMP/E JCL
- Install usingCA CSM
- If you downloaded a classic SMP/E JCL package fromCA CSM, start the installation process from theSMP/E Environmentstab inCA CSM.
- Install maintenance using z/OSMF Software Update, SMP/E JCL, orCA CSM.UseSMP/E Internet Service Retreivalto download and receive maintenance. This service lets you acquire maintenance on demand and to schedule an SMP/E job to run as needed. TheSMP/E Internet Service Retreivalcan reduce hours of maintenance time to just minutes, making your system programmers more productive and allowing them to focus on higher value tasks. Migrate existing CSIs to z/OSMF and use z/OSMF Software Update to manage software updates.
- Finalize the installation:
For these tasks, use the methods that your product supports and in the preferred sequence per your site.
- Configure your product.
- Deploy your product.