Review the steps to acquire, install, deploy, and configure your product.
Standard SMP/E installation and maintenance best practices are used to install and maintain
Broadcommainframe z/OS products. The installation process includes all the tasks that are typically performed by a systems programmer to acquire the products and make them ready for use in a production environment.
You can install
Broadcommainframe product software using IBM z/OSMF,
CA CSM, or native SMP/E batch processing.
z/OSMF installation is
notavailable for every product.
CA CSMare intuitive web-based tools that automate and simplify many installation activities on z/OS systems. These applications also make obtaining and applying corrective, preventive, and recommended maintenance easier.
The following graphic provides a high-level overview of the installation process for
These steps are described in the following procedure:
- Prepare for the installation by reviewing best practices and verifying that the software, hardware, security, and other installation requirements have been met.
- Acquire the product software usingoneof the following methods:
- FromBroadcom Support, download a z/OSMF (filename.zOSMF.pax.Z) or classic SMP/E JCL (filename.pax.Z) package.Only one can be selected.If a z/OSMF package is not available, select the SMP/E JCL package. A z/OSMF package isnotavailable for all products.
- FromCA CSM, select a classic SMP/E JCL package from the product list.You cannot acquire a z/OSMF portable software instance from.CA CSM
- Perform an SMP/E installation to install the product software usingoneof the following methods:
- If you downloaded a z/OSMF package fromBroadcom Support, install using z/OSMF Deployments.
- If you downloaded a classic SMP/E JCL package fromBroadcom Support, useeitherof the following options:
- Install using native SMP/E JCL
- Install usingCA CSM
- If you downloaded a classic SMP/E JCL package fromCA CSM, start the installation process from theSMP/E Environmentstab inCA CSM.
- Install maintenance using z/OSMF Software Update, SMP/E JCL, orCA CSM.Use to download and receive maintenance. This service lets you acquire maintenance on demand and to schedule an SMP/E job to run as needed. The can reduce hours of maintenance time to just minutes, making your system programmers more productive and allowing them to focus on higher value tasks. Migrate existing CSIs to z/OSMF and use z/OSMF Software Update to manage software updates.
- Finalize the installation:
For these tasks, use the methods that your product supports and in the preferred sequence per your site.
- Configure your product.
- Deploy your product.