Deploy and Configure CCS Apache Tomcat
Deploy and configure CCS Apache Tomcat so that Broadcom mainframe products can share the binary executables and can run separate product-specific regions of Apache Tomcat.
As a Systems Administrator/Programmer or Security Administrator, you can deploy and configure CCS Apache Tomcat so that Broadcom mainframe products can share binary executables and can run separate product-specific regions of Apache Tomcat, as needed, in the product environment.
CCS Apache Tomcat provides a single installation of Apache Tomcat that multiple Broadcom products can use, which helps to save you the time and the expense that is associated with installing Apache Tomcat separately for all of your Broadcom mainframe products.
CCS Apache Tomcat contains a modified version of Apache Tomcat that is optimized for running on z/OS platforms. The modified version of Apache Tomcat provides features such as WTO messages and the ability to configure CCS Apache Tomcat using PDS files instead of USS files. PDS files simplify the process of viewing and modifying Apache Tomcat files.
Roles and Responsibilities
The installation, deployment, and configuration of CCS Apache Tomcat should be performed by the following roles:
- Systems Administrator/Programmer:To download the required PTF, apply maintenance, deploy, and configure CCS Apache Tomcat on theCCS Apache Tomcat Region, which includes deploying product web applications to the region.
- Security Administrator:To configure security settings for the security application that is active on theCCS Apache Tomcat Region.
CCS Apache Tomcat Terminology
The CCS Apache Tomcat deployment and configuration documentation references the following terminology:
- CCS Apache Tomcat Region:An address space where the CCS Apache Tomcat binary executables run.
- CCS Apache Tomcat Region zFS:Where you store files for a specificCCS Apache Tomcat Region. For example, configuration, and log files. A uniqueCCS Apache Tomcat Region zFSexists for eachCCS Apache Tomcat Region.
- CCS Apache Tomcat Deployment zFS:Where you deploy the CCS Apache Tomcat SMP/E target libraries. The zFS can be shared among multipleCCS Apache Tomcat Regions.
- CCS Apache Tomcat Instance:Refers collectively to theCCS Apache Tomcat Regionand theCCS Apache Tomcat Region zFSthat is specific to that region.
Broadcom Products that Use CCS Apache Tomcat
The following Broadcom Mainframe products use CCS Apache Tomcat:
- CA Endevor Software Change Manager
- CA File Master Plus
- CA InterTest Batch
- CA InterTest for CICS
- CA Mainframe Application Tuner
- CA NetMaster Web Portal
- CA OPS/MVS Event Management and Automation
- CA SymDump Batch
- CA SymDump for CICS
- Web Viewer