Menu System and Web Interface
This article is an overview of the Menu System and Web Interface.
SpoolMenu System and Web Interface use the Advanced Communication Interface (part of the CALL Interface) to let users control
Spoolfiles and printers without leaving the normal online environment.
The Menu System uses ISPF-type full-screen panels to display and control spool files and printers owned by your network group.
The Web Interface uses HTML panels to display and control spool files and printers owned by your network group.
The following capabilities are provided:
- You can browse spool files on a display terminal.
- You can view files with standardSpoolbrowse or ISPF browse commands.
- In the browse facility, you can exclude some of the columns in a report, logically view a spool file so you see on the screen what will be printed on paper, and employ page-based scrolling, positioning and partial printing.
- The Menu System and the Web Interface provide brief online help information for panels.
- The Display Printer panel supports all valid printer actions and commands for one or more printers.
- From any of the panels, you can issueSpoolcommands and see responses on the screen. You can customize the number and order of fields according to your needs.
- You can change and translate text on the Menu System and the Web Interface panels, if necessary.
SpoolMenu System is supported under TSO, ISPF, CICS,
IDMS, VTAM and IMS, and from NATURAL environments running under TSO, CICS, IMS, and COMPLETE.
Remote Control of the
SpoolMenu System can also be run against another
Spoolsystem running under MVS in another mainframe, but connected through the
SpoolNJE Interface. This means that you can display and control any connected
Spoolsystem from the Menu System.