To email output, follow this process:
To email output, follow this process:
- Review the preliminary considerations.
- Perform the steps to email output.
These considerations apply to archived output that you want to retrieve for emailing:
- You can email CA View or archived CA Deliver output in online mode, but not in batch.To email the output in online mode, either use CA Spool to process the report directly, or email the output to JES, to have the report routed to a remote CA Spool system via NJE.For instructions to use CA Spool to process the report, including sample DEFNODE and NODE definitions, see the following section in theCA Spool Customization Guide: TCP/IP PrintDirect, Email Print Driver.
- You can email output in all of the CA View online modes: ALL, EXPO, EXP, SARO, SAR, and JOB.
- You can include the report in the email, either inline or as an attachment, in TXT, PDF,RTF, or HTML format.
- To configure the email process, administrators use the initialization parameters MAILDEST, MAILFROM, and MAILTO. For details about these parameters, see Reference--Initialization, Database, and Batch Processing.
- You have immediate access to the output if it meets any of the following conditions:
- Resides on disk
- Resides on optical disk with page-level retrieval
- Has been temporarily loaded to disk
- Resides on tape and you are using EAS for tape and robotics
- For JOB mode, you have immediate access to the output if all of the reports associated with the job reside on the same tape and if you are using EAS.
- If your selected output resides only on tape and you are authorized for online tape mounts, the system operator is notified to mount the tape.Only TSO and ISPF/SPF online allow tape mounting. For all TSO users (both native TSO and ISPF/SPF), whether you are authorized for online tape mounts is determined by how your system administrator has set up your TSO ACCOUNT command.
- Your terminal remains locked until the tape has been mounted and your output has been copied to disk.
- If your selected output resides on optical disk with file-level retrieval, the output is loaded back to DASD.
- To disable all online tape mounts for CA View, specify the MOUNT=NO initialization parameter.
To email output, follow these steps:
- In the Sysout, Report, or Job Selection List, enter E in the Select column of the output you want to email and press enter to display the Email Attributes Panel.Alternatively, enter E or EMAIL on the command line of any browse panel.CA View ALL --------------- Email Attribute Panel ---------------------- Command ===> ID ---> SWILAROG Job ---> SWILAROG Jobid ---> JOB05739 Email Attributes: Send To ===> Send CC ===> Reply To ===> Mail From ===> Subject ===> Attachment ===> Mail Dest ===> Page ===> Record ===> Banner ===> DEFAULT Class ===> N Email Message Text: ===> ===> ===> ===> Press ENTER to confirm or enter END command to cancel
- Verify or change the email attributes and press Enter to send the email.
Field descriptions follow for the Email Attribute panel. Unless specified otherwise, each field includes one field for user input.
- ID: Sysout or Report ID (appears in all modes except JOB)
- Job: Job name
- Jobid: JES number of the job
- Send To: The email address to which to send the email
- Send CC: The email address to which to send a copy of the email
- Reply To: The email address to which replies to the original email are sent
- Mail From: The email address in the ‘From:’ email field.The default is the email address of the user originating the email.If you are using XMS for online access, the default is the user ID of the XMS task.If the CA View SARINIT MAILFROM parameter is set to YES, users can specify a custom value in this field. If this parameter is set to NO, the value of the field is predefined as "n/a" and is read-only for users.
- Subject: The text in the email subject field60 characters maximum.
- Attachment: The file name and extension for the attached reportThe default isreportname.txt, for example, report19.txt.To include the report inline in the email, specify the extension as .msg, for example, report19.msg.If the CA View SARINIT MAILTO parameter is set to ESF to use CA Spool to process the report, you can automatically convert the report from text format to PDF, HTML or RTF format by specifying the new format as the extension. For example, specify report19.pdf for PDF or report19.html for HTML.If the CA View SARINIT MAILTO parameter is set to JES and the attachment field is filled in on the Email Attributes screen, the attachment name is passed from the OUTPUT statement MAILFILE parameter to Infoprint Server, which uses the MAILFILE parameter to specify the file name of the attachment.60 characters maximum.
- Mail Dest: Sends the email to one of these destinations:
- A JES2 DESTID destination, which defines the remote NJE node where CA Spool is running, and the targeted CA Spool email printer.The following example shows a sample JES DESTID definition:/$ADD DESTID(EMAILSAR),DEST=Nnnnn.EMAILSAREMAILSARSpecifies the destination name, which is used in CA View as the email destination.Nnnnn.EMAILSARSpecifies Nnnnn as the NJE node name, followed by EMAILSAR as the destination at this node.Example:/$ADD DESTID(EMAILSAR),DEST=N3.EMAILSAR
- The default CA Spool system, which is specified in the CMASPOOL parameter of the SARINIT utility. Specify its 4- character subsystem ID.
- An alternate CA Spool system. Specify it in this format:subsysid.dest.subsysidis the 4 character subsysid of the alternate CA Spool system.destis a 1-8 character destination of this alternate CA Spool system.
- Page: A list of pages or ranges of pages to printUse blanks or commas (or both) to separate each page or range of pages.To specify a range of pages, separate the first and last page with a colon. For example, to print pages 3 through 6, specify 3:6.Number of Fields: 1 to 9If you do not specify Page or Record, all of the output for the JOB is emailed.
- Record: A record or range of records to printUse blanks or commas (or both) to separate each record or range of records.To specify a range of records, separate the first and last record with a colon. For example, to print records 5 through 10, specify 5:10.Number of Fields: 1 to 9
- Banner: The model banner page to use for the beginning and ending banner pages for the report in the email attachment.If this field is empty, the user's default banner page is used.If you specify an asterisk (*), no banner pages are used.
- Class: The SYSOUT class to which to direct the email
- Email Message Text: Text of the body of the emailYou can specify a custom value in this fieldonlyif the CA View SARINIT MAILTO parameter is set to ESF, which specifies that CA Spool processes the email. Otherwise, this field is predefined as "n/a" and is read-only for both administrators and users.If applicable, specify 1 to 4 lines, 60 characters each.Number of Fields: 1 to 4
The following example shows how to use the Email Attribute Panel. This example emails a copy of the report REPORT1 to the destination DEST1234, to the email recipient [email protected]
CA View ALL --------------- Email Attribute Panel ---------------------- Command ===> ID ---> REPORT1 Job ---> TESTJOB1 Jobid ---> JOB05343 Email Attributes: Send To ===> [email protected] Send CC ===> Reply To ===> Mail From ===> Subject ===> Test subject Attachment ===> Mail Dest ===> DEST1234 Page ===> Record ===> Banner ===> DEFAULT Class ===> N Email Message Text: ===> Hi John, here is your test email ===> ===> ===> Press ENTER to confirm or enter END command to cancel