Install in GUI Mode
This page explains how to install in GUI mode. GUI mode displays wizard panels for you to perform the installation.
This page explains how to install
CA XCOM Data Transport for Windowsin GUI mode. GUI mode displays wizard panels for you to perform the installation.
Perform the Preliminary Tasks
Before starting the installation, follow these steps:
- Verify that you meet the installation prerequisites.
- Choose a System ID (1 and 4 characters) and System Name (1 and 8 characters) for this system.Together, the System ID and System Name uniquely identify this specific CA XCOM Data Transport system.
- Review the installation types. You are prompted to select one when you run the installation.
- Typical: Installs the base files thatCA XCOM Data Transport for Windowsrequires.
- Custom: Installs all mandatory components and lets you optionally select SNA. The SNA option lets you configureCA XCOM Data Transport for Windowsto perform transfers using the SNA protocol.If you plan to choose the SNA option, verify the alias name of your local LU.
- Understand that you can rollback the upgrade manuallyonly. No automatic rollback exists.
Understand the Installation Process
When you run the installation program, it performs the following tasks to install the product:
- Verifies the following pre-installation criteria:
- The user who invokes the installer has administrative permissions.
- NoCA XCOM Data Transport for Windowsprocesses are running.
- Installs the following entities:
- CA XCOM Data Transport for Windowsbinary files and services
- CAPKI and CA License softwareCA License software is no longer installed starting at SP02.
- Performs post-installation tasks.
Run the Installation
To run the installation, follow these steps:
- Right-click XCOM.exe and select Run as Administrator.
- Follow the directions on the installation panels, and click Next to proceed through the installation process. Click Cancel to exit at any time. Supply the following information at the prompts:
- License agreement
- Installation folderIf you are installing the product on a Windows Server Core operating system, you may not be able to browse the file system to select a custom installation folder or to select JAR files. If this condition occurs when the installation program prompts you for this information, manually enter the complete path name of the installation folder or the complete file name of the JAR file.
- Installation set (type): typical or custom
- (If applicable) For a custom installation: for SNA, the alias name of your local LU
- Verify the details on the Pre-Installation Summary screen and click Install.
- When the installation is completed, click Done.
Verify the Installation
After you have installed
CA XCOM Data Transport for Windows, perform the following tasks:
- For SNA configurations, verify that your APPC (Advanced Program-To-Program Communications) software is properly configured.
- For TCP/IP configurations, verify that your TCP/IP connectivity is properly configured.
- Configure the product by editing the configuration files. After the configuration is completed, test some basic product functions.
Perform the Post-Installation Tasks
The post-installation tasks are:
Review the Log Files
The installation log files are:
- %temp%\xcominstaller.log – warnings, error messages, and exit codes that occurred during the installation.
- %XCOM_HOME%\Uninstaller\Logs\*install*.log – the sequence of actions that the installer performed
- %temp%\capki_install.log – CAPKI installation log file
- %temp%\calic_debug_InstallShield.log – CA Licensing installation log file (only for Service Pack 11.6 SP01)
The Installer installs or upgrades CAPKI and CA License software. The CA License is used only with
CA XCOM Data Transport for WindowsSP01 64-bit.