Start Control Center
This article describes how to start the
XCOM Data TransportControl Center and the necessary prerequisites.
This article explains how to find the URL for Control Center and how to generate an XCOM-encrypted password, both of which are required when you start Control Center for the first time.
After first use, you can go to the Control Center URL to start it. You will not need to enter your credentials if they have been saved.
Find the URL for Control Center
The URL for Control Center is entered in the following format:
- The IP name can be used instead of the IP address.
- If you are running multiple XCOM tasks, the IP address or name for each task can be the same but the port numbers are different.
The IP address and port can be found in the XCOMLOG of the XCOM task that you plan to use with Control Center.
XCOMM0819I TCP/IP FUNCTION GETHOSTID RETURNS ADDRESSnn.nnn.nn.nnXCOMM0788I XCOM TCP/IP LISTENER ACTIVE ON PORT 08031
Generate an XCOM-Encrypted Password
An XCOM-encrypted password is required to access Control Center. A sample job is provided in data set member
hlq.CBXGJCL(XCOMENCR) that encrypts your TSO password for this purpose.
Follow these steps:
- Open the XCOMENCR member and enter the password that you use to access TSO in the PASSWORD= statement.
- Submit the XCOMENCR job.The encrypted password is generated and copied to the SYSOUT01 data set.
- Open the SYSOUT01 data set.
- Copy all the characters to the right of the equal sign to the Windows clipboard. This is the XCOM-encrypted password to use when you validate your credentials.
Validate Your Credentials
The first time you start Control Center, you must enter and validate your credentials. You must also validate your credentials when you change your password.
Follow these steps:
- Go to the URL for Control Center.
- Select theSettingstab if it is not already selected.
- Enter the user ID that you use to access TSO.
- Paste your encrypted password into the XCOM-encrypted password field.
- (Optional) Select the tab that you want to be displayed when you start Control Center.
- (Optional) Select appropriate refresh rates for the Status, Trends, and Queue tabs.
- ClickValidate.Your credentials are validated and Control Center is ready for use.