Configuring SEPM group inclusions
Important information about SEPM group inclusions
SEPMgroups that you want to enroll and manage through the
EDR appliance console.
Private Cloud policiesto these stand-alone independent groups and their inheriting subgroups.
- Do one of the following:Initially setting upSEPMconnection using the setup wizardProceed to step 2.Modifying an existingSEPMconnection
- ClickSettings > Global.
- Scroll down toEndpoint Communications Channel, SEP Policies, and Endpoint Activity Recorder.
- Click the actions menu (three vertical dots) to the far right of theSEPMconnection that you want to update.
- ClickSEPM Group Inclusions.
- ClickInclude inherited subgroups automaticallyforSymantec EDRto automatically detect when inherited groups are added, deleted, or moved in SEPM.For eachSEPMGroupSEPMgroup appears in theInherited Subgroupscolumn. Click on this number to view the list of inherited subgroups.When you enable this option, it also automatically applies to SEP policy exceptions.This option is enabled by default on fresh installations.
- Optionally, clickRefresh SEPM Groupsto obtain a real-time update of yourSEPMgroup structure.Synchronization typically occurs hourly. Clicking this option letsSymantec EDRdisplay the most currentSEPMgroup structure.
- ClickAdd group inclusionsto select the SEPM groups that you want to enroll in ECC.Symantec EDRautomatically discovers the available SEPM groups. A maximum of 1,000 groups appear.
- Do any of the following tasks:
- Click on one or more groups that you want to enroll from the list.Tip:Check the box besideSEPM Groupto select all of the groups that appear.
- If too many groups appear in the list, type at least four characters in the box to filter the list. The auto-complete feature populates the list with the groups that match the characters that you type.Tip:Check the box besideSEPM Groupto select all of the groups that appear in the filtered list.
- ClickSave Inclusions.