Creating a deny list policy
Users and processes are blocked from accessing items in the deny list.
- In the right pane, click the plus sign and selectAdd to Deny List.
- In theAdd to Deny Listdialog box, click theTypedrop-down list, and select the item for which you want to create a deny list policy.You cannot edit theTypeorMatch Valueafter you add it. However, you can delete it or you can edit the comment.
- In theMatch Valuefield, enter the value based on the type that you selected.
- If you selected SHA256, aFile Sizefield appears. The file size is only required for non-PE files (do not provide a file size for PE files).The maximum supported file size is 9223372036854775807 (2^63-1) bytes.You can add any non-PE file that is not in the following list:
You must be running Symantec Endpoint Protection version 14.3 RUI or later to block non-PE files.
- Optionally, type a comment in theCommentfield.For example, you may want to specify the file name for SHA256 hash.