Re-imaging a physical appliance
Symantec Endpoint Detection and Responsephysical appliances are shipped with the operating system already installed. If you need to reinstall the operating system, use the following procedure to re-image the drive from an ISO file.
- Go to the following URL and download the ISO file.
- Burn the ISO file to a DVD.
- Insert the DVD into the DVD drive on the appliance.
- Restart the appliance.The appliance restarts from the DVD and begins the re-image process automatically. The entire sequence may take 10 minutes or more. When the process is complete, the appliance console displays.
- Bootstrap the appliance. If you are replacing a management platform, ensure that you use the same IP address and communications password as you assigned to the old management platform. If you change the IP address or password, you must run bootstrap again on all the network scanners.
- If the re-imaged device is an all-in-one appliance or management platform, run the setup wizard.
- If the re-imaged device is a network scanner, wait for the scanner to appear on theAppliancespage in theEDR appliance console.
- Complete setup tasks as you would for a new appliance.
- If you re-imaged a network scanner, run therestorecommand to restore the incident data from the last backup.