Reinstalling a virtual appliance
To reinstall a
Symantec Endpoint Detection and Responsevirtual appliance, delete the old appliance and deploy the OVA file again.
Reinstalling a virtual appliance from an ISO image is not supported.
- Download the OVA file from https://support.broadcom.com/download-center/download-center.html.
- In the VMware vSphere ™ client, deploy the OVA.
- Open a console window and bootstrap the appliance.If you are replacing a management platform, type the same IP address and communications channel password you used during bootstrap. If you change the management port IP address or communications channel password on a management platform, you must run bootstrap again on each scanner to update this information.
- Complete setup tasks as you would for a new appliance.
- If you replaced a network scanner, run therestorecommand to restore the incident data from the last backup.