Customizing the client installation settings
You can change the installation settings that you apply to a client installation package and for AutoUpgrade.
For example, if you want to install the client to a custom installation folder, or reset the client-server communication settings, you create custom client installation settings. You then apply this custom setting when you export or deploy a package, or set up AutoUpgrade.
- To customize the client installation settings
- In the console, clickAdmin > Install Packages > Client Install Settings.
- UnderTasks, clickAdd Client Install Settings.The default client install settings files cannot be modified.
- Choose the operating system for which the setting file applies.
- Enter a name and a description.
- Make your selections from the available options on these tabs:
- Windows:Basic SettingsandRestart Settings
- Mac:Restart SettingsandUpgrade SettingsMac client restart and upgrade settings apply only to AutoUpgrade (Version 14 and later).
When you run the Client Deployment Wizard or configure AutoUpgrade, select the settings that you created from the drop-down menu next to