Installing an unmanaged Windows client
An unmanaged (or self-managed) client usually allows a user greater control of
Symantec Endpoint Protectionsettings through the client user interface. Typically, you install an unmanaged
Symantec Endpoint Protectionclient directly on to a Windows computer, and the installation requires user input to complete.
When you install a managed Windows client installation package directly on to the client computer, the steps to install are similar. Only an
Interactiveinstallation requires user input. The client installation setting options
Show progress bar onlyand
Silentdo not require user input.
Unmanaged client packages that are configured with custom policies may not display during installation some of the panels that are described. If you do not see an installation panel that the procedure step describes, skip to the next step.
- Double-clickSetup.exe, and then clickNext.
- On theLicense Agreement Panel, clickI accept the terms in the license agreement, and then clickNext.
- On theSetup Typepanel, click one of the following options:ClickTypicalfor the most common options, and then clickNext.ClickCustomto configure your installation, and then clickNext.
- On theInstallation Typepanel, choose whether to download definitions from the cloud or locally (dark network).
- On theCustom Setuppanel, choose which features you want to install on the computer. A red X on a feature does not install.
- If the installation wizard prompts you, clickEnable Auto-ProtectandRun LiveUpdate, and then clickNext
- On theFile Reputation Data SubmissionandData Collectionpanels, uncheck the box if you do not want to provide pseudonymous data to Symantec, and then clickInstall.An unmanaged client does not submit the data without a paid license, even if you leave the box checked.
- On theWizard Completepanel, clickFinish.