Uninstalling the Symantec Endpoint Protection client for Windows
Symantec Endpoint Protectionclient for Windows
You can uninstall the Windows client in the following ways:
- By using the Windows Control Panel to remove an application, typicallyPrograms and Features.
- By configuring and deploying a custom client installation package that removes theSymantec Endpoint Protectionclient (as of 14). Only use this method if uninstalling with the Windows Control Panel does not work.
- For alternative methods to uninstallSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerand other components, see Uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection.
Symantec Endpoint Protectionclient software uses a policy that blocks hardware devices, the policy blocks the devices after you uninstall the software. If you do not disable the device control by policy before you uninstall, use the Windows Device Manager to unblock the devices.
- To uninstall theSymantec Endpoint Protectionclient for Windows
- In the console, on theAdminpage, clickInstall Packages, and then clickClient Install Settings.
- UnderTasks, clickAdd Client Install Settings.If you have previously created a custom client installation settings configuration, you can modify it underTasks, and then clickEdit Client Install Settings. Modifying an existing custom configuration does not modify previously exported install packages.
- On theBasic Settingstab, checkRemove existing.Symantec Endpoint Protectionclient software that cannot be uninstalled
- Read the message, and then clickOK.