Backing up a server certificate
In case the computer on which the management server is installed gets corrupted, you should back up the private key and the certificate.
The JKS Keystore file is backed up during the initial installation. A file that is called
server_is also backed up. The JKS Keystore file includes the server's private and public key pair and the self-signed certificate.
- To back up a server certificate
- In the console, clickAdmin, and then clickServers.
- UnderServers, click the management server whose server certificate you want to back up.
- UnderTasks, clickManage Server Certificate, and then clickNext.
- In theManage Server Certificatepanel, clickBack up the server certificateand then clickNext.
- In theBack Up Server Certificatepanel, clickBrowseto specify a backup folder, and then clickOpen.Note that you back up the management server certificate into the same folder.
- In theBackup Server Certificatepanel, clickNext.