Reinstalling or reconfiguring Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager
If you need to reinstall or reconfigure the management server, you can import all your settings by using a disaster recovery file. You can reinstall the software on the same computer, in the same installation directory.
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managercreates a recovery file during installation. You can also use this procedure to reconfigure the existing site, or to install an additional site for replication.
- To reinstall the management server, uninstall the existing management server.
- Install the server from the installation file.
- In theWelcomepanel, make sure that theUse a recovery file to restore communication with previously deployed clientsoption is checked, and then clickNext.By default, the recovery file is located in:C:\Program Files (x86)\Symantec\. The recovery file reconnects your clients to theSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Server Private Key BackupSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
- Follow the instructions in each panel. The default settings work for most cases. If the reinstalled server connects to an existing database, you change the database settings to those of the existing database.You can also restore the database if necessary. However, if theSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerdatabase resides on another computer or is otherwise not affected, you do not need to restore your database.
- To reconfigure the management server, clickStart > All Programs > Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager > Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager Tools > Management Server Configuration Wizard.
- Select one of the following options:
- To reconfigure the management server on the existing site, clickReconfigure the management server.
- To reconfigure the management server to replicate data with an existing site, clickReconfigure the management server to replicate with a different site.This option reconfigures the locally installed management server to create a new site and to replicate the data with another existing site in your network. Also, if you have two non-replicating sites, use this option to convert one of the sites into a site that replicates with the second site.If you leaveUse a recovery file to restore communication with previously deployed clientschecked, the installation proceeds. However, it ignores the default domain ID in the recovery file and uses the domain ID of the replication partner. After reconfiguration completes, existing clients may fail to connect due to the change in domain ID.
- Follow the instructions in each panel.