Exporting and importing server settings
The server properties file includes the server settings for
Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager. You may need to export and import the server properties file in the following situations:
- You use the disaster recovery file to reinstallSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager.The disaster recovery file does not include the server settings. When you reinstallSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager, you lose any default server settings that you had previously changed. You can use the exported server properties file to reimport the changed server settings.
- You installSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerin a test environment and later install the management server in a production environment. You can import the exported server properties file to the production environment.
For more information, see:
- To export and import server settings
- To export server settings, in the console, clickAdmin, and then clickServers.
- UnderServers, expandLocal Site (Site, and then select the management server you want to export.site_name)
- ClickExport Server Properties.
- Select a location in which to save the file and specify a file name.
- To import server settings, in the console, clickAdmin, and then clickServers.
- UnderServers,expandLocal Site (Site, and then select the management server for which you want to import settings.site_name)
- ClickImport Server Properties.
- Select the file you want to import, and then clickImport.