Running automatic database backups
You can schedule database backups to occur at a time when fewer users are logged on to the network.
You can also back up the database at any time.
- In the console, clickAdmin>Servers.
- UnderServers, clickLocal Site (My Site)>SQLEXPRESSSYMC.
- UnderTasks, clickEdit Database Properties.
- In theDatabase Propertiesdialog box, on theBackup Settingstab, do the following tasks.
- In theBackup serverdrop-down list, specify on which management server you want to save the backup.
- CheckBack up logsif you need to save a copy of the logs for security purposes or company policy.Otherwise, leave this option disabled, as logs use a lot of disk space.
- Set theNumber of backups to keepif your company policy requires it. Keep the number low if you use the default database and your database size is too large.
- Make sureSchedule Backupsis checked, and set the schedule.