Assigning a management server list to a group and location
After you add a policy, you must assign it to a group or a location or both. You can also use the management server list to move a group of clients from one management server to another.
You must have finished adding or editing a management server list before you can assign the list. See:
- To assign a management server list to a group and location
- In the console, clickPolicies.
- In thePoliciespage, expandPolicy Components, and then clickManagement Server Lists.
- In theManagement Server Listspane, select the management server list you want to assign.
- UnderTasks, clickAssign the List.
- In theApply Management Server Listdialog box, check the groups and locations to which you want to apply the management server list.
- To assign a management server list to a group or location on the Clients page, in the console, clickClients > Policies
- On thePoliciestab, select the group, and then uncheckInherit policies and settings from parent group.You cannot set any communication settings for a group unless the group no longer inherits any policies and settings from a parent group.
- UnderLocation-independent Policies and Settings, clickCommunication Settings.
- In theCommunication Settings fordialog box, undergroup nameManagement Server List, select the management server list.The group that you select then uses this management server list when communicating with the management server.