How to install a second site for replication
Installing a second site for replication is a two-part process:
- Install a secondSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerand database to replicate with aSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerand database that is already installed.
- Log on to the secondSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerand change the schedule and the items that you want to replicate (optional). See:
To install a second site for replication
- Install a secondSymantec Endpoint Protection Manager. See:TheManagement Server Configuration Wizardautomatically starts after the management server installation.
- In theManagement Server Configuration Wizard, clickCustom configuration for new installation (more than 500 clients, or custom settings), and then clickNext.
- ClickInstall an additional site, and then clickNext.
- In the next panel, type the following information, and then clickNext:
- Replication serverThe name or IP address of the management server that is already installed and that this management server replicates with.
- System Administrator nameandPassword.The system administrator's user name isadminby default. You must use a system administrator account, and not a limited administrator account or domain administrator account.
- CheckReplicate client packages and LiveUpdate content between the local site and this partner site(Optional).If you don't check this option now, you can check it later.
- If a warning message about accepting the certificate appears, clickYes.
- In the site information pane, accept or change the default values, and then clickNext.
- In the database choice pane, click either theDefault SQL Server Express databaseorMicrosoft SQL Server database, and then clickNext.Symantec recommends that the site with which you replicate uses the same type of database, but it is not required. For 14.3 MPx and earlier, the default database is theDefault Embedded database.Complete the installation based on the database that you choose.
- In theRun LiveUpdatepane, clickNext.Optionally add the partner information.
- Optionally accept the data collection feature, and then clickNext.The database gets created. This step takes some time.TheSymantec Endpoint Protection Managerlaunches.
Change the schedule, if necessary. See: