Logging on to reporting from a standalone web browser
You can access the
Reportspages from a standalone web browser that is connected to your management server. However, all of the other console functions are not available when you use a standalone browser.
Report pages and log pages always display in the language that the management server was installed with. To display these pages when you use a remote console or browser, you must have the appropriate font installed on the computer that you use.
To access reporting from a web browser, you must have the following information:
- The host name of the management server.
- Your user name and password for the management server.
Check the system requirements for the minimum browser version that is supported with the
Symantec Endpoint Protectionversion in use. Earlier web browser versions are not supported. See:
- To log on to reporting from a standalone web browser
- Open a web browser.
- Type the default reporting URL into the address text box in the following format:https://SEPMServer:8445/reportingWhereSEPMServeris the host name or IP address of the management server.For a list of supported web browsers, see:IP address includes IPv4 and IPv6. You must enclose the IPv6 address with square brackets. For example:https://[SEPMServer]:8445IPv6 is supported as of version 14.2.When you enter the HTTPS standalone reporting URL in your browser, the browser might display a warning. The warning appears because the certificate that the management server uses is self-signed. To work around this issue, you can install the certificate in your browser’s trusted certificate store. The certificate supports host names only, so use the host name in the URL. If you use localhost, IP address, or the fully qualified domain name, a warning still appears.
- When the logon dialog box appears, type your user name and password, and then clickLog On.If you have more than one domain, in theDomaintext box, type your domain name.