Running and customizing quick reports
Quick reports are predefined, customizable reports. These reports include event data collected from your management servers as well as the client computers that communicate with those servers. Quick reports provide information on events specific to the settings you configure for the report. You can save the report settings so that you can run the same report at a later date, and you can print and save reports.
Quick reports are static; they provide information specific to the time frame you specify for the report. Alternately, you can monitor events in real time using the logs.
- Option 1:To run a quick report, in the console, clickReports.
- On theQuick Reportstab, in theReport typelist box, select the type of report that you want to run.
- In theSelect a reportlist box, select the name of the report you want to run.
- ClickCreate Report.
- Option 2:To customize a quick report, in the console, clickReports.
- On theQuick Reportstab, in theReport typelist box, select the type of report that you want to customize.
- In theSelect a reportlist box, select the name of the report you want to customize.For theNetwork Compliance Statusreport and theCompliance Statusreport, in theStatuslist box, select a saved filter configuration that you want to use, or leave the default filter.For theTop Risk Detections Correlationreport, you can select values for theX-axisandY-axislist boxes to specify how you want to view the report.For theScan Statistics Histogram Scanreport, you can select values forBin widthandNumber of bins.For some reports, you can specify how to group the report results in theGrouplist box. For other reports, you can select a target in theTargetfield on which to filter report results.
- In theUse a saved filterlist box, select a saved filter configuration that you want to use, or leave the default filter.
- UnderWhat filter settings would you like to use?, in theTime rangelist box, select the time range for the report.
- If you selectSet specific dates, then use theStart dateandEnd datelist boxes. These options set the time interval that you want to view information about.When you generate a Computer Status report and selectSet specific dates, you specify that you want to see all entries that involve a computer that has not checked in with its server since the time you specify in the date and time fields.
- If you want to configure additional settings for the report, clickAdditional Settingsand set the options that you want.In 12.1.x,Additional SettingsisAdvanced Settings.You can clickTell me moreto see descriptions of the filter options in the context-sensitive help.The filter option text boxes that accept wildcard characters and search for matches are not case-sensitive. The ASCII asterisk character is the only asterisk character that can be used as a wildcard character.You can save the report configuration settings if you think you will want to run this report again in the future.
- ClickCreate Report.