You can generate a list of events to view from your logs that are based on a collection of filter settings that you select.
If database errors occur when you view the logs that include a large amount of data, you might want to change the database timeout parameters.
If you get CGI or terminated process errors, you might want to change other timeout parameters.
For more information, see:
Reports and logs always appear in the language that the management server was installed with. To display these when you use a remote
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managerconsole or browser, you must have the appropriate font installed on the computer that you use. See:
- To view logs
- In the console, clickMonitors.
- On theLogstab, from theLog typelist box, select the type of log that you want to view.
- For some types of logs, aLog contentlist box appears. If it appears, select the log content that you want to view.
- In theUse a saved filterlist box, select a saved filter or leave the valueDefault.
- Select a time from theTime rangelist box or leave the default value. If you selectSet specific dates, then set the date or dates and time from which you want to display entries.
- ClickAdditional Settingsto limit the number of entries you display.You can also set any other availableAdditional Settingsfor the type of log that you selected.In 12.1.x,Additional SettingsisAdvanced Settings.The filter option fields that accept wildcard characters and search for matches are not case-sensitive. The ASCII asterisk character is the only asterisk character that can be used as a wildcard character.
- ClickView Log.You can also clickSave Filterto save the filter configuration to generate the same log view at a later date.