Exporting data to a Syslog server
To increase the space in the database, you can configure the management server to send the log data to a Syslog server.
When you export log data to a Syslog server, you must configure the Syslog server to receive the logs.
- To export log data to a Syslog server:
- In the console, clickAdmin.
- Click the local site or remote site that you want to export log data from.
- ClickConfigure External Logging.
- On theGeneraltab, in theUpdate Frequencylist box, select how often to send the log data to the file.
- In theMaster Logging Serverlist box, select the management server to send the logs to.If you use SQL Server and connect multiple management servers to the database, specify only one server as the Master Logging Server.
- CheckEnable Transmission of Logs to a Syslog Server.
- Provide the following information:
- Syslog ServerType the IP address or domain name of the Syslog server that you want to receive the log data.
- Destination PortSelect the protocol to use, and type the destination port that the Syslog server uses to listen for Syslog messages.
- Log FacilityType the number of the log facility that you want to the Syslog configuration file to use, or use the default. Valid values range from 0 to 23.
- On theLog Filtertab, check which logs to export.