Customizing administrator-defined scans for clients that run on Windows computers
You might want to customize scheduled or on-demand scans for the clients that run on Windows computers. You can set options for scans of compressed files and optimize the scan for computer or scan performance.
- To customize an administrator-defined scan for the clients that run on Windows computers
- In the console, open a Virus and Spyware Protection policy.
- UnderWindows Settings, clickAdministrator-defined scans.
- Do one of the following actions:
- UnderScheduled Scans, select the scheduled scan that you want to customize, or create a new scheduled scan.
- UnderAdministrator On-demand Scan, clickEdit.
- On theScan Detailstab, selectAdvanced Scanning Options:
ClickOKto save changes.
- On theCompressed Filestab, you can reduce the number of levels to scan compressed files. If you reduce the number of levels, you might improve client computer performance.
- On theTuningtab, change the tuning level for the best client computer performance or the best scan performance.
- For scheduled scans only, on theScheduletab, set any of the following options:
- Scan DurationYou can set how long the scan runs before it pauses and waits until the client computer is idle. You can also randomize scan start time.
- Missed Scheduled ScansYou can specify a retry interval for missed scans.
- On theActionstab, change any detection actions. See:
- On theNotificationstab, enable or disable a notification that appears on client computers when the scan makes a detection. See: