Customizing administrator-defined scans for clients that run on Mac computers
You customize scheduled scans and on-demand scans separately. Some of the options are different.
- To customize administrator-defined scans for clients that run on Mac computers
- To customize a scheduled scan that runs on Mac computers, in the console, open a Virus and Spyware Protection policy.
- UnderMac Settings, selectAdministrator-Defined Scans.
- UnderScheduled Scans, select the scheduled scan that you want to customize, or create a new scheduled scan.For a new scan, you can create a new scan manually, or create a scheduled scan from a template.
- On theScan Detailstab, underScan drives and folders, select the items that you want to scan.
- You can also enable or disable idle-time scans. Enabling the option improves computer performance; disabling the option improves scan performance.
- ClickOK.Edit the scan details for any other scan that is included in this policy.
- On theNotificationstab, enable or disable notification messages about scan detections. The setting applies to all scheduled scans that you include in this policy.
- On theCommon Settingstab, set any of the following options:
These options apply to all scheduled scans that you include in this policy.
- Scan Options
- To customize the on-demand scans that run on Mac computers, on the Virus and Spyware Protection Policy page, underMac Settings, selectAdministrator-Defined Scans.
- UnderAdministrator On-demand Scan, clickEdit.
- On theScan Detailstab, underScan drives and folders, select the items that you want to scan.You can also specify actions for scan detections and enable or disables scans of compressed files.
- On theNotificationstab, enable or disable notifications for detections.You can also specify the message that appears on the client.