Customizing administrator-defined scans for clients that run on Linux computers
You might want to customize scheduled or on-demand scans for the clients that run on Linux computers. You can set options for scans of compressed files and optimize the scan for computer or scan performance.
- To customize an administrator-defined scan for the clients that run on Linux computers
- In the console, open a Virus and Spyware Protection policy.
- UnderLinux Settings, clickAdministrator-defined scans.
- Do one of the following actions:
- UnderScheduled Scans, select the scheduled scan that you want to customize, or create a new scheduled scan.
- UnderAdministrator On-demand Scan, clickEdit.
- On theScan Detailstab, checkScan all foldersor specify the particular folders you want to scan.
- ClickScan all filesorScan only selected extensionsand specify the extensions you want to scan.As of 14.3 RU1,Scan only selected extensionsoption is not available.
- On theScan files inside compressed fileschoice, you can reduce the number of levels to scan compressed files. If you reduce the number of levels, you might improve client computer performance.
- Check or uncheckScan for security risks.
- For scheduled scans only, on theScheduletab, set any of the following options:
- Scanning scheduleYou can set how often the scan runs, on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
- Missed Scheduled ScansYou can specify a retry interval for missed scans.
- On theActionstab, change any detection actions. See:As of 14.3 RU1, configuring the actions for detections is deprecated for the Linux client.
- On theNotificationstab, enable or disable a notification that appears on client computers when the scan makes a detection. See: