Randomizing scans to improve computer performance in virtualized environments on Windows clients
You can randomize scheduled scans to improve performance on Windows client computers. Randomization is important in virtualized environments.
For example, you might schedule scans to run at 8:00 P.M. If you select a four-hour time interval, scans on client computers start at a randomized time between 8:00 P.M. and 12:00 A.M.
- To randomize scans to improve computer performance in virtualized environments
- In the console, open a Virus and Spyware Protection policy.
- UnderWindows Settings, clickAdministrator-defined Scans.
- Create a new scheduled scan or select an existing scheduled scan to edit.
- In theAdd Scheduled ScanorEdit Scheduled Scandialog box, click theScheduletab.
- UnderScanning Schedule, select how often the scan should run.
- UnderScan Duration, checkScan for up toand select the number of hours. The number of hours controls the time interval during which scans are randomized.
- Make sure that you enableRandomize scan start time within this period (recommended in VMs).
- Make sure that you apply the policy to the group that includes the computers that run Virtual Machines.