Specifying how Symantec Endpoint Protection handles monitored applications on Windows clients
Symantec Endpoint Protectionhandles monitored applications on Windows clients
You can monitor a particular application so that you can create an exception for how
Symantec Endpoint Protectionhandles the application. After
Symantec Endpoint Protectionlearns the application and the management console receives the event, the application appears in the application list in the
Application Exceptiondialog. The application list appears empty if the client computers in your network have not yet learned any applications.
The applications list includes the applications that you monitor as well as the files that your users download.
Symantec Endpoint Protectionapplies the action when either
Symantec Endpoint Protectiondetects the application or the application runs.
The applications also appear in the list for
DNS and Host File Change Exception.
- To specify howSymantec Endpoint Protectionhandles monitored applications on Windows clients
- On theExceptions Policypage, clickExceptions.
- ClickAdd > Windows Exceptions > Application.
- In theViewdrop-down box, selectAll,Watched Applications, orUser-allowed Applications.
- Select the applications for which you want to create an exception.
- In theActiondrop-down box, selectIgnore,Log only,Quarantine,Terminate, orRemove.TheIgnoreandLog onlyactions apply when scans detect the application as bad or malicious. TheTerminate,Quarantine, andRemoveactions apply when the application launches.