Creating exceptions from log events
You can create exceptions from log events for virus and spyware scans, SONAR, application control, and Tamper Protection.
You cannot create exceptions from log events for early launch anti-malware detections.
Trusted Web domain
Application Control log
DNS or host file change
Symantec Endpoint Protectionmust have already detected the item for which you want to create an exception. When you use a log event to create an exception, you specify the Exceptions policy that should include the exception.
- To create exceptions from log events
- On theMonitorstab, click theLogstab.
- In theLog typedrop-down list, select the Risk log, SONAR log, or Application and Device Control log.
- If you selected Application and Device Control, selectApplication Controlfrom theLog contentlist.
- ClickView Log.
- Next toTime range, select the time interval to filter the log.
- Select the entry or entries for which you want to create an exception.
- Next toAction, select the type of exception that you want to create.The exception type that you select must be valid for the item or items that you selected.
- In the dialog box, remove any items that you do not want to include in the exception.
- For security risks, checkLog when the security risk is detectedif you wantSymantec Endpoint Protectionto log the detection.
- Select all of the Exceptions policies that should use the exception.