Configuring firewall settings for mixed control
You can configure the client so that users have no control, full control, or limited control over which firewall settings they can configure.
For the Mac firewall, the user cannot create firewall rules or change settings regardless of the client user interface settings. The options do not ever appear in the client user interface.
For Windows, the user cannot create any firewall rules or enable firewall settings.
For Mac, the user cannot enable or disable the firewall.
For Windows, the user can create firewall rules and enable all firewall settings.
For Mac, the user can enable and disable the firewall.
For Windows, the user can create firewall rules. You decide which firewall settings the user can enable.
For Mac, you decide whether the user can enable or disable the firewall.
The firewall is only available for the Mac client as of version 14.2.
- To configure firewall settings for mixed control
- In the console, clickClients.
- UnderClients, select the group with the user control level that you want to modify.
- On thePoliciestab, underLocation-specific Policies and Settings, under a location, expandLocation-specific Settings.
- To the right ofClient User Interface Control Settings, clickTasks > Edit Settings.
- In theControl Mode Settingsdialog box, clickMixed control, and then clickCustomize.
- On theClient/Server Control Settingstab, under theFirewall Policycategory, do one of the following tasks:
- To make a client setting available for the users to configure, clickClient.
- To configure a client setting, clickServer.
- For each firewall setting that you set toServer, enable or disable the setting in the Firewall policy.