Controlling the traffic that passes through a network adapter
When you define a network adapter trigger, the rule is relevant only to the traffic that the specified adapter transmits or receives.
You can add a custom network adapter from a firewall rule. However, that adapter is not added to the shared list. You cannot access the custom adapter from any other rule.
- To control the traffic that passes through a network adapter
- In the console, open a Firewall policy.
- On theFirewall Policypage, underWindows Settings, clickRules.
- On theRulestab, in theRuleslist, select the rule you want to edit, right-click theAdapterfield, and then clickMore Adapters.
- In theNetwork Adapterdialog box, do one of the following actions:To trigger the rule for any adapter (even if it is not listed)ClickApply the rule to all adapters, and then go to step 7.To trigger the rule for selected adaptersClickApply the rule to the following adapters.Then check the box beside each adapter that you want to trigger the rule.
- To add a custom adapter for the selected rule only, do the following tasks:
- In theNetwork Adapterdialog box, select the adapter type and type the adapter's brand name in theAdapter Identificationtext field.