Controlling whether networked computers can share messages, files, and printing
Network services let networked computers send and receive messages, shared files, and print. You can create a firewall rule that allows or blocks network services.
You can add a custom network service through a firewall rule. However, that network service is not added to the default list. You cannot access the custom service from any other rule.
- To control whether networked computers can share messages, files, and printing
- In the console, open a Firewall policy.
- On theFirewall Policypage, underWindows SettingsorMac Settings, clickRules.For versions earlier than 14.2, there is no option forMac Settings.
- On theRulestab, in theRuleslist, select the rule you want to edit, right-click theServicefield, and then clickEdit.
- In theService Listdialog box, check the box beside each service that you want to trigger the rule.
- To add an additional service for the selected rule only, clickAdd.
- In theProtocoldialog box, select a protocol from theProtocoldrop-down list.
- Fill out the appropriate fields.