Adding a policy
Symantec Endpoint Protection Managercomes with a default policy for each type of protection. If you need to customize a policy, you add one and edit it. You can create multiple versions of each type of policy.
Symantec recommends that you test all new policies before you use them in a production environment.
- To add a new policy
- In the console, clickPolicies.
- On thePoliciespage, select a policy type, and then click the link to add a new policy.
- Modify the policy settings to increase or decrease protection.
- ClickOKto save the policy.
- Optionally assign the new policy to a group.You can assign a new policy to a group during or after policy creation. The new policy replaces the currently assigned policy of the same protection type. See: