Converting a shared policy to a non-shared policy
You can copy the content of a shared policy and create a non-shared policy from that content. A copy enables you to change the content of a shared policy in one location and not in all other locations. The copy overrides the existing shared policy.
When you finish the conversion, the converted policy with its new name appears under
Location-specific Policies and Settings. However, the non-shared policy does not appear in the
Policiespage for the policy type unless you copy it from the
Policiestab to the
For more information, see:
- To convert a shared policy to a non-shared policy
- In the console, clickClients.
- In theClientspage, underClients, select the group for which you want to convert a policy.
- In the pane that is associated with the group that you selected in the previous step, clickPolicies.
- On thePoliciestab, uncheckInherit policies and settings from parent group.group_nameYou must disable inheritance for this group. If you do not uncheck inheritance, you cannot replace a policy.
- UnderLocation-specific Policies and Settings, scroll to find the name of the location and the specific policy that you want to convert.
- Beside the specific policy, clickTasks, and then clickConvert to Non-shared Policy.
- In theOverviewdialog box, edit the name and description of the policy.
- Modify the other policy settings as desired.