Editing a policy
You can edit shared and non-shared policies on the
Policiestab on the
Clientspage as well as on the
Locations as well as groups can share the same policy. You must assign a shared policy after you edit it. See:
To edit a policy on the Policies page (Option 1)
- To edit a policy on the Policies page, in the console, clickPolicies.
- On thePoliciespage, underPolicies, click the policy type.
- In thepane, click the specific policy that you want to edit.policy typePolicies
- UnderTasks, clickEdit the Policy.
- In thepane, edit the name and description of the policy, if necessary.policy typePolicy Overview
- To edit the policy, click any of thepages for the policies.policy typePolicy
- To edit a policy on the Clients page (Option 2)
- To edit a policy on theClientspage, in the console, clickClients.
- On theClientspage, underClients, select the group for which you want to edit a policy.
- On thePoliciestab, uncheckInherit policies and settings from parent group ".group name"You must disable inheritance for this group. If you do not uncheck inheritance, you cannot edit a policy.
- UnderLocation-specific Policies and Settings, scroll to find the name of the location whose policy you want to edit.
- Locate the specific policy for the location that you want to edit.
- To the right of the selected policy, clickTasks, and then clickEdit Policy.
- Do one of the following tasks:
- To edit a non-shared policy, go to the next step.
- To edit a shared policy, in theEdit Policydialog box, clickEdit Sharedto edit the policy in all locations.
- You can click a link for the type of policy that you want to edit.