Exporting and importing individual Endpoint Protection policies
You can export and import policies rather than recreating the policies. All the settings that are associated with the policy are automatically exported.
You may need to export a policy for the following reasons:
- You update the management server from an older release to a newer release. You want to update the new management server with the policies that you previously customized.
- You want to export a policy for use at a different site.
You export and import each policy one at a time. Once you export a file, you import it and apply it to a group or only to a location. You can export a shared or non-shared policy for a specific location in the
- To export and import individual Endpoint Protection policies
- To export a single policy from thePoliciespage, in the console, clickPolicies.
- On thePoliciespage, underPolicies, click the type of policy that you want to export.
- In thepane, click the specific policy that you want to export.policy typePolicies
- In thePoliciespage, underTasks, clickExport the Policy.
- In theExport Policydialog box, locate the folder where you want to export the policy file to, and then clickExport.
- To export a shared or non-shared policy from theClientspage, in the console, clickClients.
- UnderClients, select the group for which you want to export a policy.
- On thePoliciestab, uncheckInherit policies and settings from parent group ".group name"You must disable inheritance for this group. If you do not uncheck inheritance, you cannot export a policy.
- UnderLocation-specific Policies and Settings, scroll to find the name of the location whose policy you want to export.
- Locate the specific policy for the location that you want to export.
- To the right of the policy, clickTasks, and then clickExport Policy.
- In theExport Policydialog box, browse to the folder into which you want to export the policy.
- In theExport Policydialog box, clickExport.
- To import a single policy, in the console, clickPolicies.
- On thePoliciespage, underPolicies, click the type of policy that you want to import.
- In thepane, click the policy that you want to import.policy typePolicies
- On thePoliciespage, underTasks, clickImport apolicy typePolicy.
- In theImport Policydialog box, browse to the policy file that you want to import, and then clickImport.